Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Millennial Hope

Well, I learned some startling statistics last Sunday. Christians really are one generations from extinction in America. I know what you're thinking...I know Amy I have heard that all my adult life. Yes, but I have the stats to back it up. 65% of the WWII generation(pre-1947) profess to be Bible believing Christians, 37% of Baby Boomers(1947-1964)do, 18% of Gen. Xers(1965-1981), and a mere 4% of Millennials(1981-2003). My friends guess where that leaves our children? Provided that they choose to follow Christ they will be in the 1%. Something radical must happen before our children grow up and take over the country. History shows that it is up to the Millennial generation to do something. In the past every 4th generation has been responsible for major change. They are the 16th generation. Do the math and you will see that change is going to come through those that are between the ages of 29 and 6. It truly is amazing to think what might come of our country in the hands of this generation. They are the trail blazers for our children's generation and we are the trail blazers for them. In college I used to find myself thinking that our generation had a very important role to play in generation right behind us. I now know that we do. I am issuing a call to prayer. Right now it is our duty to first pray for the Millennial generation. We need to pray that God will be their guide and not the world that they are so involved in. We need to pray that God will take this 4% and use them for his glory to grow this generation spiritual. Then we need to invest heavily in their lives that they have no doubt who their Creator is and that he sent a Savior. It truly is time for Revival. It will be interesting to see just how young the spark is that starts it. What part will you have had when the history books report of the "Revival of 20??"?

No comments: