Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wrinkles in time

I know that I am terrible at updating and to that I am very sorry. My kids keep growing up and it has just been crazy with this Clydesdale family as of late. In July we found out that we were moving to Bossier City,LA. That of course consisted of packing, finding a place to live and oh moving there. Throw two little people on top of that and you have chaos. My friends were a big help and if it were not for Cari we would have been dragging Jayla and Joshua to LA several times that month. Of course the life of a youth minister does not stop. So, while he was "working" at camp, I was left at home to get the finishing details taken care of. We had a beautiful send off by the church and then more chaos. We went to Nashville for a few days because our furniture took a week to go three hours. When we did arrive at Shasta (which is how I refer to our rent house because it is on Shasta Drive) there was no hot water. That was a treat! Once we did get our water turned on and the stuff moved in things did calm down a bit. We have been able to go back to Arlington a few times. Joshua and I went for Eli's walk, Greg went for the World Series, and the kids and I just returned home from a visit with friends.

This last road trip got me thinking. There's a lot of thinking that can be done on 20 E where there is nothing to look at but trees. I started thinking about memories and the things that I remember from life. I realized that my memories are from the wrinkles in time or when things fall outside of the mundane. We don't remember our normal days but our abnormal days. The days that just don't fit into the puzzle we call life. Some of these days are filled with fun and adventure, while others are filled with tears and sadness. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 calls us to be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I am thankful that God gives us little wrinkles in time to help us to appreciate life's twists and turns but to also appreciate the quiet day to day normal.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

1 Thess 5:18 has kind of become my life verse right now. Glad y'all seem to be doing well!