Sunday, May 12, 2013

Yearly blog

I admit it, I am terrible at blogging. I really do thinking of writing often but I always find a reason not to. I'm going to make no promise to do any better than I've done in the past. So much has happened in our family since the last blog. Since the last post (which was actually written in June) I discovered I was pregnant (while Greg was coming home from Big Stuf), we bought a bigger car (Jayla still wants the Escape back-she's the only one), I developed Gestational Diabetes(strict diet during our anniversary, Christmas, my birthday and Valentines day-I got to CELEBRATE Madi Gras). February 8, 2013, with very little effort, I gave birth to a very health Josiah Thomas weighing in at 6 lbs 10 ozs and 19 3/4 inches. He has fit into our family with ease. Joshua,timid at first, shows his love with the greatest gentleness and sweet little I love yous whispered in his ear. He is very helpful from the backseat and I wish I had a Joshua when he was a baby. I pray they will someday be close. Jayla is not quite as gentle needing some reminding of the fact that he is still a baby. She loves her little brother proudly and shows him off often. However, you must not get too close without mommy's approval. Jayla is Josiah's guardian and she takes it very seriously. She claims she saw his first smile. We don't tell her any different.

April 27 Greg conquered his first 1/2 marathon in the rain on the hills of Nashville,Tn. The kids and I were sad that we did not get to see him cross the finish line. The rain was relentless and the baby is too young to be that cold and wet. While we were there in Nashville we had a great time with friends and family. The Ellis family were wonderful hosts during the first half of the weekend. Hannah, Joshua, Jayla, and Benjamin had a blast playing together. The second half of the trip was spent with the Clydesdales where Jayla and Sierra became instant friends. They were two peas in a pod. We topped the whole trip off with 6 holes-in-one at Grand Ole Golf (3 by Joshua, 2 by Jayla and 1 for Greg).

I am so blessed to be the wife of a wonderful, Godly man and the mother of three beautiful children. I look forward to what God has for this next year.





No comments: