Sunday, September 8, 2013

First grade funnies

Children are full of interesting stories and mine are no exception. We all say that we need to write these stories down and I am finally going to try. 

About a week into school Joshua had an upcoming fundraiser at to buy dinner at Raising Canes. He got a little confused as to when it was taking place. Wednesday he came home and announced "Mom, you don't need to make me lunch tomorrow (me:why?) Because we are going to Canes (Greg: just you or your class?) The WHLOE school…except for kindergarten. Poor Canes…800 elementary kids ascending on them at lunch. That would be a sight. 

Joshua has been blessed with fantastic teachers. This year is no exception. According to Joshua his teacher got Teacher of the WEEKEND. I did not correct him. She is however teacher of the year. I figure she can do whatever and I will just have to trust her. Who can argue with the teacher of the (weekend) year? 

Did you know that nurses and doctors have to go to school for 8 extra days?  I knew I should have gone into the medical profession. While I have the best doctors in the country, I think some need another 8 days of training. Miss Pelletier (Joshua's teacher) only had to go to school for 2 extra days. If I had gotten my teaching degree in two days I'm sure I would have been teacher of the weekend as well. 

That concludes part 1 of 1st grade funnies. Stay tuned for the preschool edition. I would write about the baby but he has to do something besides choking on French fries, goldfish and dry erase crayons!






No comments: