Tuesday, February 16, 2010

FLOORS!

Yesterday I proud to announce that I accomplished a lot yesterday and my house is still a mess. I have already said that laundry is the most annoying thing around and that it is just another way God is punishing us for Eve's mistakes. If she had just listened and not eaten that darn fruit I would not be doing laundry every week! However, I have now found a more annoying chore than laundry...FLOORS! We have ALL laminate flooring except for the closets (they are carpet...not sure why that is just how we bought the house). Tracking in dirt everyday are the dog, my husband, me and two boys(Jayla gets a pass due to the fact that she refuses to walk). At least with carpet I could hide some of the mess...not with laminate. It's there for the world to see. It is hard enough to keep these floors clean without rain or snow. Add rain or snow into the mix and I might as well not touch my floors until spring...I think I just figured out why spring cleaning came about. Therefore, I have decided to retire from floors until spring. I am just sad I did not think of this sooner since spring is about a month away! I think mother bears are the ones that came up with hibernation just so they would not have to clean all winter!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Okay, first, the laundry as punishment seriously made me laugh! And I am so glad that I'm not alone on the stress my laminate floors cause me.