Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cold Pink Blankie Memorial

It was a sad day in our house a little over a week ago. Last Wednesday, we walked in to Albertson's with Jayla's most favorite pink blanket and somehow walked out without it. We were not out more than two minutes before we were back in looking for it. The sacred "cold pink blankie" had vanished. We looked everywhere. I left my number with customer service. Jayla assured me that it would be ok and that she would just use her "stripe pink blankie.". Nevertheless, I was heart broken. That sweet thing has been around since the beginning of Jayla. I can not number the times it has provided comfort in the midst of chaos. GONE. What was I, I mean Jayla, going to do? How was she going to sleep without "cold pink blankie in a big square" touching her back?

Well, I'm happy to announce SHE has been completely fine with stripe pink blankie. I, however, need to let go.

We miss you Cold Pink Blankie. May you be doing good somewhere.

No comments: