Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spinach to cupcakes and thanks mom!

It has been said that we have THE most difficult job. While this might be true, I couldn't imagine a better job. I get the honor of watching two little people grow up and figure out life in this crazy world. I know there are struggles and sometimes they don't do what they should. Those are just the cooked spinach moments. We don't like it, we have to get through it, and it makes us stronger. But oh the sweet cupcake on the other side that is waiting. So, if your a mom eating cooked spinach…just hang on the dessert is coming.

Mom-thank you for showing me what it means to be a Godly mother. You completely understand what it means to give all of yourself in every area of life. You have helped to mold me into the strong, independent (yet submissive) mother that I am. Your examples of submission, compassion and love are embedded in the fabric of my being. Now, let's see if I can pass that on to my already independent daughter.

Mother in Law- thank you from the bottom of my heart for raising a son after God's heart. My prayers were answered the day we met. Thank you for the countless hours you poured into raising him. I know he must have seemed a bit misguided in his late teens, but look were he is now. He truly is the most incredible father (awe but that is for another day).

So, sometimes as moms we have to eat the spinach to get to the chocolate, but how sweet it is. I would eat all the spinach (I HATE cooked spinach) in the world knowing the sweet ah ha moments are always right there.

No comments: